The FutureNet transcription system is one of the most comprehensive transcription systems in the industry. The system includes several modules: iType for word processing which uses automated patient census (when available from the customer's HIS system), electronic doctor rosters, and other database-level information to enhance the transcription process; iText for word and text expansion; iManager for transcribed document management and distribution, HL7 interface capability, and statistical management report writing; iServer for system configurations; and iGateway for voice and text file access and authentication.
This system seamlessly integrates with the FutureNet iVoice dictation system via iPlayer and iGateway. iPlayer can download voice files from iVoice through iGateway. iType can transmit finished documents back to iManager using the iGateway application. iGateway plays the role of gatekeeper to protect all healthcare information. It also logs all transactions for additional security and auditing.
iType is a sophisticated Microsoft Word-based typing program tailored to the needs of transcriptionists. The program includes FutureNet's specially designed transcription functions and is completely hot-key activated for increased productivity. iType is seamlessly integrated with iPlayer to allow voice playback and typing in the same program window. These features give transcriptionists the ideal all-in-one tool for efficiency.
• Runs on the Windows operating system using databases and word expander programs, this ensures a user-friendly work environment
• Integrates seamlessly with iPlayer's voice downloading and playing functions
• Includes an embedded database for typed text files and information searching
• Efficient transcription using the built-in typing-shortcuts program, iText (also supports commercial word expanders, online medical dictionaries, and drug indexes provided that they are compatible with Microsoft Word)
• Automated patient demographics and doctor information
• Download available patient census from hospitals or physician offices
• Download or setup physician information in the system
• Fill in patient demographics automatically from a pop-up list
• Transcriptionist-controlled account information
• Setup and maintain account information in the system
• View and edit report types, macros, and normal's for each account
• Communicate with physicians or service offices via email or network messaging
• User-friendly transmission and invoice functions
• Maintain and view transmission and invoice logs
• Click a button for text file transmission
• Document transmission with hot keys
• Click a button to send invoices
• Automated invoicing based on accurate line counts
iText is a word expansion program designed from the ground up for medical transcription. With both Windows and DOS versions, iText seamlessly integrates with FutureNet's typing programs. iText also functions as an independent utility program with any other medical transcription system in Windows, DOS, or Terminal Server operating environments.
• Works silently in the background
• Intuitive main menu
• Completely hot-key activated
• Imports PRD+, Shortcut, QuickScript, AutoCorrect, and QuickCorrect files
The iManager system takes advantage of networking and multimedia computer technologies to bring cost-effective, productivity-oriented transcription tools to the medical transcription industry. Accepting documents from programs based in either Microsoft Word or WordPerfect, iManager provides the ability to import and export files, download patient and physician information, configure comprehensive printing options, setup automatic faxing and emailing of documents, check formatting or physician information on incoming documents, and/or transmit batches of documents to other iManager systems.
iManager also offers QA and invoice management and can generate a wide variety of management reports. Sharing the same Microsoft SQL Server database with the iVoice dictation system, all dictation jobs and documents can be accessed quickly in a true multimedia environment, which enables listening to the original dictation while reading a typed document.
Advantages of iManager:
• Comprehensive document management with centralized control.
• On-screen QA management to ensure quality documents.
• Invoice compilation for transcriptionists and for accounts.
• Statistical reports for efficient management
• Information logs to evaluate transcriptionist performance
• Multiple security levels for information confidentiality
• On-screen network printing configuration based on work type, doctor, patient, or transcriptionist
• On-screen automatic faxing and email configuration
• On-screen document import and export configuration
• Built-in HL7 interfaces for patient ADT and document uploading
• Comprehensive transcription line count and bonus configurations
• Image import capability for attaching image to document